Wednesday 12 March 2014

Composition

In this task I was to draw something, to reach a final decision i had to thumbnail different ideas for the composition. This let me see which composition worked best for the image i wanted to show.
I wanted the pirate to look scared. Out on the wandering sea, but i wanted the sea in the image as well but i also wanted the face to be a focal point, so i decided to do the close up frame with the ocean reflected in his eyes.


This piece was another task where we were to consider composition, but also depth. This was the final design i came up with, I think drawing it from above made the guy look more dangerous and you can see what he sees below. 
We were meant to etch this image but i got mixed up in the induction and drew a new thing. I wanted to play with the different textures i could make. I used a tool that had a rolling spiked wheel in ti to scratch the surface and create the fog. The etching produced really accurate lines but a lot of ink seems to be transferred to the paper all over rather than a clean print from the lines alone.


No comments:

Post a Comment