Monday 14 October 2013

Summer 10 Brief

Left: Something I'd rather not have done was running home from work which is only 3 miles but I am not the running type. Right: Something beautiful, a previously clean shaven friend grew this magnificent beard.
Left: Something I've been thinking about is a design for my tattoo or to extend the one I already have. Right: I Learned how to pan fry a steak medium rare just the way I like it.
 Left: Something I heard was the theme tune to the Smiler at Alton Towers because they repeatedly played while we were queuing for the full hour and a half. Right: Something I ate was Biltong because for my boyfriend's birthday I built him a meat drying box.
 Left: Something I wore; I worked at a night club and there were multiple theme nights on which we had to dress up for our shifts. Right: Somewhere i found myself was in Nottingham helping a friend move house with just three of us as no one else turned up.
Left: Something scary was being in the lake in the lake district because I find water terrifying. I had a safety float, i held onto the boats ladder and kept my legs up against my chest the whole time but I did it. Right: Something I discovered is that I lack musical talent, this is me tying to play the ukulele.

This project helped me get back into the swing of things and got me to finalise the design on the character i've been sketching of myself lazily over the summer. As an improvement borders were suggested by a peer to frame the pictures in and to make the edges more clean cut and professional. I learnt that putting brusho inks on larger surface areas makes them bleed into the paper and look unproffessional even though i used watercolour paper. perhaps trying a different brush or method of application with the brushes.

No comments:

Post a Comment