Wednesday 30 April 2014

Postcards brief.


We were told to create a set of 4 postcards on illustrator of capital cities . This project is to help develop and understand the program illustrator and also to create things that work congruently as a set.

The 4 places i chose to do are: Kairo, Venice, Toronto, Rome






 With reference photos of my cities i started planning






Some tests on illustrator:

This was me experimenting with the tools and buttons.

After this i found that i liked to work with block shapes on illustrator, simplicity.

These are my final postcards







Evaluation

Weaknesses: 
1. I think i worked too much in simple shapes. Most other people were using live trace so when we put them up to display mine looked a lot simpler than the others.
2. Congruity of the venice one is off. I used a second shade of yellow for the waves when i should have stuck with my colour scheme and used white. It was mentioned to me in  feedback that the red works much better as water and the yellow is low impact.
3. I think i should have settled on portrait/landscape first instead of using both. need to set myself stricter guidelines to begin with.

Strengths:
1. Because they are simple there is an amount of negative space that makes them stand out ( apart from the rome one, that would work better with more detail on the colosseum and no plinths either side)
2. The circle i used, i incorporated into each piece i think this helped with the level of congruity.
3.  Each one is recognisable as what it is. 
























No comments:

Post a Comment