Thursday 23 April 2015

Off life

This was a quick brief I did for off life. They just want something sequential that is no more than 4 pages. I chose to do it because I found a piece of paper in my room with a comic strip idea scribbled on it and I really liked it, I'd forgotten all about it. 
I picked my colour pallet on coolors but then I ended up incorporating the green selection I had for the We Transfer brief. It contrasted nicely from the orange, but the shades are all relatively low saturation and stops the clash  of colours being too abrasive. 
The writing I used didn't really work though because half of it is in black and half of it is done in white digitally. I thought that because it was my handwriting there wouldn't be much difference but the media has really separated them aesthetically. I think the black worked for the title but the rest should have all been in white. But since I don't have as much control digitally I should have drawn out the writing in a thicker pen, possibly a berol felt tip, then change it into white using the colour channels digitally.

What I have learnt from this though is that all those silly ideas I have for comics that I never do or write down could have actually been good comics. So from now on I'm going to have a book that is specifically for writing down ideas for comics or prints.

No comments:

Post a Comment