Thursday 23 April 2015

WRAP

 The wrap collective had a call for wrapping paper designs. At the time I'd been working on my cop work which had a lot of gore going on. So I decided to use this competition as a way to get some designs for skulls out. I've got really into a new line as texture its like lines but leaving gaps and some dots, it works best as a tree or wood texture but I've been trying it out on muscles because they have a stringy texture. I've been trying to cover my designs lately in as much line and detail as I can because it stresses the gross factor. Trying to figure out at this point which line textures fits the part its showing.



I added some of my favourite leaves to draw so that it wasn't just a wrapping paper of decaying skulls, this makes it seem kind of jungle and tribal.



I coloured it in using slight variants on the primary colours because I thought it would be contrasting and eye catching. But it made it gaudier than I expected so I played around with the hue/saturation tool and made 3 other options. I submitted all four to the competition.



No comments:

Post a Comment