Wednesday 15 January 2014

Project Proposal: A book of...

After doing my research I was most interested in the ways clubs were made to move people through and make money as well ad efficiently as possible.

I had an idea to have a book about a man who is abducted to a club and forced to have a good time, taking the whole clubs herding people in to a new level, exaggerating it.


I also did some test drawings of some initial ideas I had


This is where he first wakes up in the factory and a massive light is shone on him.


This is my idea for a machine that grabs the limbs of him and forces him to dance until he starts enjoying it.
And below i have a crazy booze fuelled smile.


i proposed the message to be that rather then people being addicted to alcohol being addicted to happiness.



And my feedback:



Screen print was suggested to me as a media because in my proposed drawing there was a simple 2 colour pallet. I'm considering screen print as my media because I like the finishing effect of crisply printed shapes. 
If I was to choose screen print though I would have a limit to my development time as i'd need plenty of time to prepare and do screen printing.

It was discussed that the message of people being addicted to happiness was good but a complicated thing to communicate and maybe too serious for the style and story I was proposing. I'll look further into my ideas and think about other direction i could go in and what i want my message to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment