Wednesday 15 January 2014

The factory Continued...

I've started developing my drafts into my final artwork; Redrawing pages and inking up some of my drafts to be traced or photo shopped in.
First I had to make some cuts, due to the amount of time I had left I couldn't complete all 28 pages I planned at a good standard so I'd rather simplify the plot line than sacrifice some visual quality. I entirely cut out the ending scenes I had planned of my character waking up in bed and having a flyer on the floor. I simplified some pages so that there were less panels; for example the pages where he is first caught in the clamps. Instead of having a panel on every limb being caught I simplified it by making it into one image mid action of him being caught.
I also got rid of some of the unnecessary pages such as the ones of him dancing as there were a lot of those. Also the page that was just displaying the lights dancing around his face was mixed with him trying the drink at first and beginning to like it. I made sure the pages didn't looked cramped and cut down what I could to make it a manageable size to develop and make.
This is the front page. During a tutorial I was told the grass verges and road around the van weren't really needed. I felt like the top panels were nice and simple and the bottom just didn't go with that so I'm going to experiment with different ways to draw the van in and create a sense of movement with it.


For this double spread the signs of what you see in a club are all down the walls like posters. But drawing the posters at an angle got really confusing so I've measured out the boxes and drawn them flat then i'll use Photoshop to adjust them to the right angle.

For this page I really liked how the draft had turned out so I adjusted some of the features to better it then inked it up and I'm going use Photoshop to put it into the scene digitally.




I based this page off one of the colour experiments I did because i liked the facial expression.

I decided to hand draw the panels but draw out the lines first with a ruler because I like the look of it all being hand drawn and slightly wiggly but there's a fine line and it also has to at least be roughly the right shape.

This is my plan as it stands. My digital print session is on Monday at 3pm and by then I have to have all the pages drawn, and cleaned and coloured on Photoshop. I only have three double pages left to draw and my plan for tomorrow is to get in early and get all my scanning out of the way so I can start cleaning up my images.


No comments:

Post a Comment