Saturday 12 March 2016

Bed

These were some quick thumbnails of what i was thinking of about putting with the 'Bed' poem. It is nice and short and i think it could work well framed within one image.

I most liked the image of the head filled with pillows. I wanted to use a circle format to make myself create a different looking image. 


I used a plate to make a circle base and i made these little branches come out and meet the circle because i liked the idea of this natural frame being made around the image. I made it thick with tiny dots because i liked how it acted as a solid but with the soft edge as nothing is actually attached to each other.

At first i was using a blue colour scheme because i felt it was appropriate to the subject of the poem. But then i was playing with the hue saturation key which i like using because it shows the the options that i didn't think of. 
This burgundy reddish tone is what i ended up picking out.
I kept the pillows blue though because it added a point of contrast.
I made the dots and the branches around the head white on black instead of the reverse because in feel like the dots look much more impressive in the inverse tones. 


I added a texture to the red which i don't normally do but it was so absent of the usual heavy texture i use that it looked wrong and blank. The texture darkened the colour as well which made it possible to make the text white. I think this worked as it matches the lines of the circular border. I moved the lines of poetry about as well because my original hand drawn ones weren't as centred as i would have liked. 



No comments:

Post a Comment