Saturday 12 March 2016

Blue improved

So it felt a bit awkward and long and since this poem was structured like my cop ones i wanted to do a similar style of presenting the poem, where there are boxes stacked up with characters inside and the poem is told through speech of the different characters.

At the length the last poem was at it would be a really crowded board of boxes to fit it all in. So it was time to slightly refine it into a doable amount

New and improved (slightly)
Blue

Feeling blue,
Are you?
Me too
But what to do?

If i grew
Would my view
Be anew?
Could i brew
A positive skew?

Theres a few
Damned with the hue
How on earth do
We get through?

Lean on who
Believes in you

There may not be an end in view
But just be strong, let you be you
Maybe blue but lighter hues
One day look back and say i grew

But just relax while we work through
I am the walrus coo coo cachoo

My original plan was these boxes and there would be characters in them. I will post a picture of the boxes one i did do but at the moment its at home. Either way i wasn't crazy pleased with the result and i felt like the boxes could be more related to the words than it was. 

my lovely list of rhymes



I found the first draft on my instagram!

The characters didn't feel relevant nor the format. Which is why i wanted to change it. Although it was quite popular on a lot of my social medias so i think this box as poetry thing is working pretty well for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment