Monday 18 April 2016

Poetry Plans

I planned out my poetry book to be 16 pages. I have now written all the poetry so it is just down to illustrating them all. I decided I want the boo to have square pages so I am going to be redesigning the poems I have already illustrated so that they work on a square format. I had considered using a circle format because i thought that would be an interesting format to work in but it is not realistic for me to be able to make and hand bind a circular book. So i went with the more realistic option.

I have one double spread illustration at the centre fold so that there is no issue with the pagination and the line up of art work. I am also including a pattern inlay because i like them in books and i think that in an illustrated book a pattern inlay gives a little snippet of the visuals inside. I think it is a key selling point in my book.

Poems in the poetry book:

Introductory poem
Bed
Tablets
Blue
In and Out
Sleep
Leaflet
How are you
Care


No comments:

Post a Comment