Wednesday 18 March 2015

Font Fun


This is the text I have created. I only did the word imagine in it for one because it is a time consuming task but mainly because Imagine is the main theme of our.. It's all about imagine what could come and the excitement that comes with it. 
In all this text took me about an 2 hours to do because I spent a really long time trying to get the measurement of the outlines done properly so that the whole thing would look like a regulated font and not just a jumble of hand drawn letters. Fred has pointed out that as illustrators font and typography is not a strong point so I tried really hard to make this good so that looking at it no one would have any idea how much I struggle with simple typography. It's all about faking it till you make it. 

This is it cleaned up and set up so that I can change the colour of it in one swoop easily. I had to get help off of Adam to make photoshop do exactly what I wanted for this though. My knowledge of channels and interacting with them is poor and I forgot how to do it. Now I must remember that cmd and clicking on a channel will select everything in that channel.
I'm not sure if orange is the colour I will use I just picked that at this point because I know it heavily contrasts from the greens I was using. But I'm wondering if the pattern detail inside the lettering will transfer over the print successfully.

No comments:

Post a Comment