Monday 2 March 2015

Throw away your television

Digital Witness - St Vincent is the next song I tried. I based this one off of the line 'What's the point of even sleeping?' 
I was kind of going of the feelings of I don't need a bed, I can see everything. Showing people's addiction to digital stimulation and how people will willingly sacrifice sleep for it. So the big third eye is his digital eye and its always open even though them other eyes are closed. The bed is burning up to show that it is no longer needed, I started naming all the files for this one 'Throw away your television' after the Red Hot Chilli Peppers song because I think the songs have a similar message in respect to our technology addiction.


I tried to make a television static texture that I could layer over onto the eye to make it more obviously digital.


But it just didn't look right. maybe it would work better in a green hue but then I think I would loose the distinction between the pupil and the rest of the eye. I've tried to make it look piercing by adding little lines leading into it.

This is the point of the picture I want people's eyes drawn to.

Again I think my control over textured brushes is a little rusty but I seem to be figuring it out. At least this went better than the snow one.

No comments:

Post a Comment