Sunday 30 November 2014

Packaged and Pretty


I was binge watching Malcolm in the Middle and packaging all of my prints. For my student life ones I've packaged them as a set of three, I was thinking of selling them individually but I thought that since I created them as a set it would look weird if I sold them separately. 

I separated them into three piles so that I have even amounts of each one being shown on top. This way I can show the other prints in the pack without having to print out any stickers with them on. That would be a bit pricey and it already cost a lot for the table and tickets, so I'm trying to budget here.

My jump comic was originally going to be a print but the panelling wasn't very interesting and it didn't really work as a print aesthetically. So I printed it on A5 to make hot dog books because I think that although the panelling isn't very imaginative the narrative still flows so it can work as a comic. 

I printed a lot of copies. It took a really long time to fold them all, but it was really satisfying to have a big pile of tiny comics. I think I made it harder on myself by printing it on thick paper but in my budgeting madness I found that its cheaper to bring your own paper to repographics and that was all I had. I think if I had done it on a lighter stock it would have been a lot easier to fold them all and they might have stayed shut and not splayed open like in the photo.

I tied them in little packs like the student life prints but I didn't sell them this way, this was just for transport. Because of the thick paper making them splay open I couldn't just stack them up. So I tied them up in packs of ten to transport to the venue.

These are the labels I made because I realised last minute that others were going to have business cards on their table and I didn't have one. I made these with my logo I drew last year and then my name and blog addresses.

I made them that shape because when you glue the legs together they sit on corners of things. I displayed them on each piece of work so that every one who bought something would get one.

I made these stands because we weren't sure the exact measurements of the table and we weren't sure what we could fit on. These were to save space, I chose the slate coloured hard board specifically because the colour goes well with the colour of masking tape. That way I can just make them with tape and not worry about it showing as long as the tape is put on in straight lines. 

This was my mini production line as I was making quite a few stands, better to have too many than not enough. 

They work as a uniform set and I think that makes them look better, since they look worse than the professional made ones that other people have on their tables but at least they're up to a decent standard. And light weight for transport.

No comments:

Post a Comment