Saturday 29 November 2014

Ugly Simpsons Cont

I wanted them to be instantly recognisable as a fan art kind of thing. So I decided to draw them sat on  their famous couch. 

Because I was trying to push the 'Ugly' factor to the max I was using lots of wiggly lines. And I tried to use line to highlight the most unattractive parts, like rib cages and knobbly knees and Homer's clothes struggling to cover his fat. I think that I ended up having Santa's little helper looking like an over-sized rat rather than a dog but I think the recognisability of the pose and the characters will make up for that fact. 


For the colour scheme at this point I planned to use the Simpsons colour scheme but to adjust the saturation on the colours so that everything looks dim and bleak. 

No comments:

Post a Comment