Saturday 21 November 2015

Blank character

This was one of her favourites and she was quite sure that this is the concept she wanted to go with which I was glad of because it was my favourite concept too. She said that she liked the character though, which at first surprised me because it's just the blank character I draw when i'm doing roughs because then i can put anything on top later. But we were discussing how we liked that he acted like a blank canvas which people could project on. The poems are like streams of consciousness becky says and that way they feel quite personal and relatable. So the character shouldn't assume anything of the reader. So she said she would like it to be a running character through out. Which saves me some character design time and I can concentrate on getting great concepts. 

This is a more finalised version of the responsible adult image. I think I want to have the page in black with white text so i can have the character under the spotlight. But I'll have to see and ask about these things like is it going to be a colour print or black and white? is the image part of the text or do they link in any way? does she want floating spot illustrations that can be fitted anywhere of does she want full page spreads?
These are all things I will sort out when I meet becky for a drink next week and to discuss work.

Since the character is blank I added a floor and some debris around the character so there is at least one area where I can let my love of texture flow. Because otherwise I feel like i'll be compromising too much and my voice won't be coming through in my work.

No comments:

Post a Comment