Saturday 24 October 2015

Finding my groove with bubbles


 These are the pictures from the sketchbook I forgot to bring in.
I did the seaweed first and I was thinking it was maybe a cover or just a nice scenic shot but then I was thinking of appropriating it to go with the first verse of my poem. The main bit that stuck out was wiggle through the bubbles' So i just took that and ran with it. Like really ran. miles.
I went a bit nuts but mid way I was thinking how I would put the text on, like I could do it after and put a fade of white under to make it readable but then I figured I could just use the bubbles to frame it. Because I like using my own handwriting in my comics because I think it suits the aesthetic of my drawn work, it's so heavily line based I'd be mad not to use my own writing.


I  continued with the bubbles because those pages will probably be facing each other in one double spread so I though it would be nice if the second just carried on from the first, so I kept the main elements the same: bubbles an seaweed.
This is my towering woven building. I'm not sure about this yet because I'm considering changing/ revamping the big double spread I did in the big ideas sketch pad. And this page follows so I want there to be sythesis and flow because the text is poetry and flows from on bit to the next so my images should do the same. But I like doing the woven texture, it just looks really nice. You'll notice I also managed to squeeze some bubbles into this image as well. I was trying to exaggerate the height of th building and I already made it tiny at the top and almost off the page at the bottom to skew the line of sight. But in pictures when their trying to show a tall building often they have a little hoop of cloud to show it's so tall its touhing the clouds. I think bubbles work as an equivalent, and I think it will be read the same because it's like a known visual device for height. 



No comments:

Post a Comment