Tuesday 20 October 2015

TEXTURE TEXTURE TEXTURE



I went back into the poster and added more of the contrasting colour texture. I just couldn't stop adding more and more, as soon as I put it on another element of the poster another looked 'too flat' by comparison. I really enjoy doing deeply textured work so this was a bit of a self indulgent texture spree.
Once all the rest of it was textured the background of dark blue just looked too flat. In texture and in colour as every other element of my poster seemed to have some variety of contrasting colours. So i went a bit nuts on the background. I used  similar texture that I was using on the hair and table but I made it longer and more wiggly. I made it all direct towards his head, I think it gives a better representation that it's all about how he feels and whats in his head. Also it draws the eyes into the centre of the piece which is good because I want people to look into his sad face. The pale cream on the dark blue kind of makes it look like space and going through a worm hole which is accidental but I really like how it turned out because it links it into the shows set out of space and travel. 



No comments:

Post a Comment