Tuesday 20 October 2015

Mermystery

So I did some of the poetry for my mermystery comic but not loads yet, I decided to make the audience adults, acceptably I think it could be enjoyed by children but I've got some jokes about boobs. So i felt it was lightly adult humour.

Down through the waves
Wiggle through the bubbles
There's a place between the corals
Where you can forget your troubles

Starfish lye in deep content
The clams are happy too
They cover up the modesty
Of creatures; green and blue

Their long and flowing locks
dance behind their head
As they swim and play in the currents
Or go to work instead

at this point i'm just setting the scene. There is a mercity, just like one of our city works.
On the story front I've been thinking that I should make it a bit more than just that there is a reverse mer-legend happening. So I think i'm going to have a merman who takes an interest in a woman swimming. And they'll meet up and grow closer and then one day she'll try to take him to her house and he'll live in a tank but it'll be bad for him and he will either die or be disfigured. I haven't decided yet because I want the final bit to be the merpeople left behind and how they view what happened and the legends that span from it. And basically they hide in deeper ocean parts to hide from humans.

No comments:

Post a Comment