Thursday 14 May 2015

Bug Catcher

To add to the interactive side of my book I decided it needed another activity and instructions. Suction powered insect catchers seemed appropriate because they tie in with all the other extras; Habitat, Notes, Magnifying glass, Stickers.

I went with the same kind of style as the habitat instructions mostly for continuity.

I made arrows out of my ant border because normal arrows were too block and strong compared with the light and charming instructions. This way they have the same light fluffy feel. 

I don't massively like the layout of this page because the images are unbalanced across the page and the right side is too crowded. I think I should have planned out where the instructions were going first, like sort out the basics of my page layout before I start drawing instead of compromising my drawings to try to fit them onto a poorly planned page.


No comments:

Post a Comment