Thursday 14 May 2015

Drawing Habitat pages

For my habitat I have drawn out the equipment they will need because when instructing children it helps to have a strong visual element. I kept the line work quite simple for it because the thing to boost in this part is recognisability. So the images are only slightly textured with some lines and dots so that they fit in with the drawing style I've been using throughout. 
My habitat example that I drew turned out really nice. It has a sense of charm, I think because nothing is in too great detail. The lines are a little wobbly and naive, I think this works well on this image because it will encourage children to make their habitats as nice looking. It gets them to consider their decisions on design. 
I put a border around because I'd finished drawing the habitat and it looked so wrong just floating since it was a landscape kind of scene and without a border it would be hard to decide when to stop colouring. I made the boarder out of tiny simple ants because I think it further pushes the charm in this image. I wish that I hadn't drawn it landscape though because I didn't think about it until after but my pages are portrait and I don't know how that will affect how it will sit on the page. It will leave big gaps of space above and below the image. I may have to put other things on that page just to fill it out. 

Things you may need.I think the plants might be a little too simple but apart from that I really like how these look. The thin line mixed with simple drawing style creates a sense of charm about it. I think this helps for adults having a flick through to approve it for the child, this kind of style is reassuring and calm, definitely child safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment