Thursday 14 May 2015

Notes page - encouraging exploration

So I planned to make a notes page and print a set of them to go with every book. The note page allows and encourages children to explore what they have learnt for themselves. 

I left space to draw their insect and then just four boxes of relatively simple information; name, place, quantity and then just extra information for anything they would like to say about it.
The colours have gone weird on blogger, the actual image is far more desaturated than this. But this gives you the idea of what I'm including. I did it in the colours to match the rest of the book, I chose to use the yellow/green filling the boxes because I think it is the colour that will most lend itself to being drawn on top of.  The blue/green is pale enough too I think but I was thinking of what drawing materials most children have access to; pencils, coloured pencils, crayons, possibly a biro. These can all go onto a page quite grainy and faint and I think that the blue would have had more chance of someone only having a blue biro or pencil and it wouldn't work as well.


No comments:

Post a Comment