Thursday 21 January 2016

Moon


The week's word is moon. I decided to take this one very literally and just draw a nice moon scene. I used the clouds to create a frame around the image. and I added the logs at the bottom to connect the frame area. Looking back I think I should have erased the edges of the trees with the pastel palooza brush because thats what I normally use and I think it looks much nicer than the fade out. 
I titled this one like the last one but used three layers to the in the colours I used but still underplayed it with black so that it is easy to see. I chose the colours myself this time and I think it went quite well I tried to stick to quite similar ones because I wanted this image to have a calming finish. The two tone on the trees shows where the moonlight hits the tress, this is something I explored in cop, playing with light and colour. I definitely think it adds new depths to my work and makes the colour pallets less flat looking.



No comments:

Post a Comment