Thursday 21 January 2016

Soar

My ideas for soar was; a whale held up by balloons, a page of birds, a dog chasing a butterfly or a plastic bag on the wind. I chose the plastic bag because it almost mocks the graceful connotations of soar. I went really simple with the design and used two different line qualities to construct a difference between outline and texture. 


I decided to make the sky a rising/setting colour instead of a plain blue like i normally do. I used the smokey brush to blend the colours into one and another. I like the calming effect it has, it makes the whole scene calm and normal. And for city dwellers it is a pretty regular sight to see a shopping bag lazily gliding along the wind.


I made the shopping bag plain white to make the most contrast from the background. Since it is the most high contrast area I think this leads the line of sight straight to the subject. The bird and telegraph pole stay in browns so as not to distract from the main spectacle.


I remembered to do my complimentary colour signature. I also included the word title in these pieces which helps because I post them to my social media pages and this way it is all self explanatory. I doubled up layers of the title and coloured the front one black because the purple didn't stand out well enough. But i like the finished effect of the 3d writing, I think it adds another level of professionally to these pieces.




No comments:

Post a Comment