Thursday 28 January 2016

Bordering Beautiful

So I've decided to use the man with the moon image I drew but I want it to fit into my plans for a heavy pattern border, but instead of on each side I'm going with a circle/ oval around the image to centre it. For the border I chose elements from the centre image and arranged them in parallel wavy lines. I think the wiggly shape and the bubbles coming off add to the overall 'whimsy' of the image. I used block sections of black because through my earlier experimentation it proved to make my images stand out more. This image is going to play with contrast a lot, but I don't want too steep a contrast when I'm playing with the light as colour part because i want the overall effect to be soft and whimsical.

I drew a little collection of plants because with the circular border on a square format the corners will be blank. Unless I have the border run off the edge, this will be decided when I put it together digitally. I drew just a quarter of the border so that I can repeat it to get a symmetrical border.

No comments:

Post a Comment