Monday 25 January 2016

Thumbnails!




This is just some quick thumb nailing I've been doing. For the first song - Clearest blue, I've been either concentrating on the title or this one line where it says meet me more than half way. Which is where my first idea came from with having two slices of cake but one like way bigger than the other. I'm trying to think of some simple designs here because I think it'll make it more bold and eye catching. 
A goal I'm having with this brief is to get at least one of my sleeves picked for the event as last year I didn't get any. But the colour choices for the ones last year made them gaudy and not aesthetically pleasing so that's something I am going to watch this week. 

Etta James was a hard one to do because its such a well known song and I was struggling to boil it down to one image. I had some obvious ones like holding hands and Etta James' eyes but I didn't really like the concept of those ones. I also thought of a little maze with a heart at the centre, I think I need to thumbnail more for this one but if they're not any more successful then I will go for the maze one because a maze could be quite fun to draw out. 

For Worry I have been going with images that generally look like grief and loss. I like the close up of the guy with a hand on an empty pillow the best. It gets straight to the point without being too patronising with the image communication. 

For art school I had some general ones that are like aspects of art school fashion. Then the last one I took the line where it says "say what you want" and its just a little guys head with a speech bubble that says 'what you want'. I like that one the most because its simple and also kind of silly.

For John Lennon's imagine I have only one idea so far because, again, its a really well known song. Also its about an intangible concept and I find that harder to communicate. So far I just have a really nice sky and then at the bottom of the sleeve you can just see the tops of peoples heads as they walk by.

No comments:

Post a Comment