Wednesday 3 February 2016

Copy and paddle


I used my original drawing because I decided that it was up to a standard where i could fix small flaws digitally and using this image saved time spent redrawing. I had only drawn enough seaweeds to fill a rectangle though so I was copy and pasting them across the square to take full advantage of the square format. I added the bubbles in to break up the heavy black and to make the whole image look patterned and tangible. I really like the colour change of the body when it is in the blocks of water. It was informed by my previous light as colour play, I liked the contrasting colours and it made it clear that there was something non solid atop of it. I chose a colour that the skin wouldn't necessarily go under the blue water but I was choosing something that exaggerated the effect. I think the final image captured the whimsy i was aiming for. I think it would have been a bit more fitting to the whimsy if i had made the black part be space as i originally planned but to save time I sacrificed drawing planets for simple circles of bubbles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment