Saturday 20 February 2016

Pots and feedback


I made these pots from clay with the idea that they would work along side the book. They would be packaged and provided with seeds and instruction on how to grow your own plants in it. I wanted to encourage children to grow things.

In the feedback Fred told my that i am not a maker and I shouldn't be making pots. 
Because the book is about recycling I should be making pots from rubbish that I find because then it links more heavily to my book.

Things Fred wanted me to consider:

Not making the book for mascmillan and also completing all 32 pages instead of just 4 double spreads.
Do things on non A-format
Do other things; think big
using rubbish as media




On the other side though he really liked my character work. I'm quite pleased with it too and it was quite fun. I think i've found a good medium of character in terms of detail. Because these are easy enough that a
i can draw out the roughs for an image relatively easily but there is enough detail fort them to work in my usual practice of heavy detail and line as texture work.

No comments:

Post a Comment