Wednesday 3 February 2016

Spin

For spin I decided to try working analogue. I did my image and coloured it just using coloured pencils. I think i work better with colour when I'm physically making it, its more tangible and it makes more sense.
All i added digitally was the back ground So that it looked less floating spot. 
I drew the word into my image so i didn't include the layered title that i've been doing lately to this one, but i think i should have because I've been starting to achieve quite a uniform sequence of these illustration fridays works. Possibly when i arrange this into a book to present in a portfolio I will edit each image so it fits into a certain uniform way of showing the word and image on the same size page, which could be awkward because I've done them at different sizes most times. 

Sometimes when i upload things to my Facebook illustration page if they are not small enough they get compressed weirdly and it saturates all my colours. This time though i fully made it smaller and saved at a lesser quality to make it upload correctly. But it saturated anyway. I really like the saturated version though, it's much more bold and even though the colours are quite acidic and in your face, it works with the image and seems reminiscent of brightly coloured 80's music videos. Which is fitting to the subject. 


No comments:

Post a Comment