Wednesday 3 February 2016

Soar revisited

I didn't mean to redo this word. I thought I hadn't got to it yet but apparently I did. I was doing a bit of a catch up session as I got behind in my illustration fridays while cop was reaching its final weeks. But I had fun getting back into it, it made me re-apreciate how I can use this project as a break from others.

I went with quite simple line work, concentrating all the detail on the whale as that is where I want the line of sight. I went much simpler with my colour scheme as well but the composition really lent itself to that as there is open space between all the objects. This was mainly inspired because I'm currently reading through all of the Hitch Hikers guide books. I'm on the fourth one now and the whale that is spontaneously brought into existence miles above the surface of a planet is still one of my favourite moments. This is how \I would save that whale. Although I would probably need more balloons. if i had drawn that though I would have had to make the whale smaller and change the composition to something longer. Making the balloons the main part of the image which is not what i want as the whale is the part representative of the word.

No comments:

Post a Comment