Saturday 20 February 2016

Long Page


I decided that since my doulbe spread images worked better than the single pages i will make my pages really long. It works well with the characters as they are low on the ground so they do not need the height of the book but there are a lot of characters and the length of the book makes it much easier to space out the characters on their trails. 

I'm making the narrative of the book in poetry as it always works better for me and makes the writing more interesting to read.
The first two verses are to set the scene and go with this page;

In a land of trees and grass
Beside a big, blue lake
The ground is full of tit and tat
And all the mess we make

There's bottles, paper, cigarettes,
There's food wrappers and cans 
How will all the animals cope
In the destruction left by man?


I've not yet decided on the exact dimensions of the pages, i think i need to do more experimentation before settling on that but i know it will be roughly in the format shown about with a short height but long length. 

No comments:

Post a Comment